Sergio Morgadinho Rebelo
Name: Sergio Morgadinho Rebelo
Department: Faculty of Advanced Technology
Job Title: PhD Researcher
Telephone: 01443 482587
Qualifications: BSc (Hons)
Sergio Morgadinho Rebelo graduated in 2005 and 2007 with BSc and BEng. Hons degree, respectively, in Computer Science and Telecommunication Engineering from the School of Technology Management (Portuguese higher education based). From 2005 to 2008 he worked as an assistant researcher at the Instituto de Telecomunicações (www.it.pt), where his main activities included: characterisation and modelling of the radio channel at millimetre-wave frequencies, and design and deployment of narrow- and wideband measurement systems. He joined the Radio Propagation group at the University of Glamorgan as a Ph.D student in 2008.
Main Research Areas:
- Planning networks at near millimetre or millimetre frequencies involving the development of new analytical, statistical and/or empirical propagation models ;
- Identification of appropriate models to characterise both attenuation and scattering in vegetation media at millimetre frequencies ;
- Formulation of a narrowband generic model aimed at more accurate prediction and quantification of the effects of vegetation media in radio system planning;
- Develop wideband channel models for varying vegetation types and geometries;
- Investigate the effect of the wind movement on the narrow and wideband channel characteristics for varying geometries and wind speeds and directions;
- Development of new and existing software and hardware systems to assist in performing the measurement campaigns.
- Application of stochastic processes based models (e.g. Markov chains) to the modelling of radiowave signals in dynamic vegetation scenarios for varying geometries and wind speeds and directions;
- Influence of channel dynamics in OFDM communication systems;
Current Research Activity:
Time-varying wideband channel model for propagation of radiowaves in vegetation media
- Luís Frazão, Sérgio Morgadinho, Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, Iñigo Cuiñas and Manuel Sanchéz, “Measurements and Modelling of the Dynamic Vegetation Effects Caused by Wind Movement at 40 GHz”, presented at the Proc. 2005 IADAT., Portsmouth, UK, Sep. 2005.
- Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, Sérgio Morgadinho, Luís Frazão, Iñigo Cuiñas, Manuel Sanchéz and Miqdad O. Al-Nuiami, “Wind Incidence Effects on Channel Dynamics in Vegetation Media at 40 GHz”, presented at the Proc. 2006 IGARSS., Denver, USA, Jul. 31-Aug. 4, 2006.
- Sérgio Morgadinho, Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, Iñigo Cuiñas and Manuel Sanchéz, “A Multistate Markov Channel Modelling of Vegetation Dynamics at 40 GHz”, presented at the Proc. 2007 Conftele., Peniche, Portugal, May 2007.
- Sérgio Morgadinho, Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, Iñigo Cuiñas and Manuel Sanchéz, “A Statistical Radio Channel Model for Vegetation Dynamic Effects at 40 GHZ”, presented at the Proc. 2007 SPECTS., San Diego, USA, Jul. 2007.
- Sérgio Morgadinho, Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, Iñigo Cuiñas and Manuel Sanchéz,, “A Reduced Markov Channel Modelling of Vegetation in the Forward Scattering Region at 40 GHz”, presented at the Proc. 2007 EuCAP., Edinburgh, UK, Nov. 2007.
- Sérgio Morgadinho and Rafael F. S. Caldeirinha, “A Radio Channel Sounder Remote Access Computational Framework”, presented at the Proc. 2007 UBI, Covilhã, Portugal, Nov. 2007.